KEVIN H. FEELEY | (515) 735-6632 | firstname.lastname@example.org Page
KEVIN H. FEELEY
Ames, Iowa | (515) 735-6632 | email@example.com | https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinhfeeley/
Experienced Information Technology Leader
- Results-driven and motivated Information Technology professional with extensive experience developing and executing IT strategy, leading the investigation and resolution of hardware, software, and other technical system issues for commercial companies and public sector agencies.
- Applies strong attention to detail and efficient multi-tasking abilities to excel in time-sensitive environments, meeting all standards for quality and productivity.
- Serves as an integral member of dynamic functional and technical teams, contributing to systems improvement and business growth.
SYSTEMS ANALYST | Iowa State University, Office of Admissions, Ames, Iowa | 2022 - Present
- Primary developer and technical support resource for Universal Transcript initiative.
- Working as a member of a team of technical professionals supporting information systems behind the admissions department at the University level.
PROJECT MANAGER AND PHP DEVELOPER | Paragon IT Professionals, Des Moines, Iowa | 2021
- Managing a small team of developers located in Marshalltown, Iowa working on an effort to update intake and caseload management for a group of non-profit agencies in Central Iowa.
- Responsible for interfacing with stakeholders and translating requirements into actionable items.
- Relying upon a modified Agile approach to project planning and management.
APPLICATION DEVELOPER | Fareway Stores, Boone, Iowa | 2019 to 2020
- Works in a team environment to maintain and develop custom web-based applications for retail sales, purchasing and warehouse management.
IT SPECIALIST | USDA-ARS, Ames, Iowa | 2009 to 2019
- Fulfills a critical role leading the design and development of the Soybase.org website for the in-house research agency of the United States Department of Agriculture, with a focus on building and integrating back-end and front-end technologies to meet the needs of the soybean research community. The site serves over 2500 unique visitors each month.
- Utilize NoSQL alongside other niche data storage models to implement boutique data set interface tools.
- Authors project plans and roadmaps, data designs, and outlines to facilitate the achievement of project goals.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert, providing technical guidance and direction with respect to the development of online resources for crop field data, bioinformatics data and experiment-specific data. Contributes to decisions impacting technology adoption, implementation, and support.
- Assumes a lead role in an agency-wide effort to provide guidance on the use of Big Data to improve data analytics and information management. Uses PHP to develop custom data visualizations for complex biological data using the GD development library.
- Works with staff and post-doctoral candidates on the development of supporting documentation, presentations, and web resources for publication.
- Maintains an updated command of new and emerging technologies in the areas of Big Data, Data Management, Data Integration, Human-Machine Interaction, and Data Design.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER | Coach House Gifts, Ames, Iowa | 2007 to 2007
- Recruited by this leading retail corporation to lead the development of software applications and databases using Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Built custom Point of Sale software, including software that enabled the control of cash drawers, bar code scanners, and other peripherals using a web-based application.
OWNER | Kevin H. Feeley Technical Services, Grand Junction, Iowa | 2001 to 2009
- Pioneered the launch and continued management of this business dedicated to meeting the needs of clients with respect to Project Management, PHP development, graphic design, web design, and content management systems.
- Worked with offshore development teams.
- Orchestrated and executed projects that included natural language processing and machine code interpretations for the graphical rendering of embroidery patterns.
- Utilized waterfall project planning and management methodologies.
- Recognized for achieving all project milestones and deliverables on-time and within budget.
Technical Support and Outside Sales, Toons/LemCo Productions Inc., Kelley, Iowa
Senior Network Engineer, Project Manager, Beacon Microcenter, Ames, Iowa
Leading Partner, Project Manager, VARmint Systems LLC, Ames, Iowa
Network Design Specialist, Casbar Communications, Ames, Iowa
Senior Network Engineer, Project Manager (Systems Migrations), ANE, Johnston, Iowa
MCSE Course Instructor, Hamilton Business College, Urbandale, Iowa
PC Bench Technician, Beacon Microcenter, West Des Moines, Iowa
Owner, Wombat Productions, Grand Junction, Iowa
Network Administrator, OMNI Internet/Iowalink.com, Des Moines, Iowa
President and Chief Executive Officer, Imagination Unlimited Inc., Ames, Iowa
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Jira, Github
Wide Area, Local Area, Wi-Fi, Fiber Optics, DSL, ISDN, POTS, Switching, Routing), Cisco (Switches, Routers, CPEs, Wi-Fi APs), Juniper Routers, HP Blade Servers, Virtualization/Containers, HPC